I take lots of random photos everyday so I thought of coming up with ‘Blessed Days in Pictures’ series. This way, I would be able to document even the simplest moments/things. This is also a good way to share with you some little trinkets about me.
1. Back in December, Papa went for his PH vacation and had a swell time with my siblings. They had all kinds of lakad — road trip, food trip, beach, etc. In short, all-out bonding! It was just sad that I couldn’t make it home to join them. Hopefully next time 🙂
2. During Papa & Hamda’s visit, Nanay showed them her favorite album of mine. I think she shows the same album to every visitor that comes to our house? haha
Ganun yata talaga ang mga lola, sobrang proud kahit simple achievements lang ng mga apo nila 🙂
What do you think?
3. Speaking of Pinas, I would like to show you some of my favorite dishes that I miss back home. Luckily, we have Pinoy food readily available in some supermarkets & restaurants here in Dubai 🙂
Since Jollibee opened in Dubai Mall last year, ilang beses na kami nag-attempt to try it out and see if they were able to replicate its iconic crispylicious and juicylicious chickenjoy. However, whenever we saw the long queues, we would end up dining somewhere else.
Then last month, we finally decided that it was time. I ordered a 2-piece chickenjoy meal while my husband ordered spaghetti & cheeseburger. Except for the gravy spilling on my lap (yes, natapon yung gravy sa jeans ko!) and my husband complaining that servings were too small, we loved it naman. Same Jollibee taste parin specially the chicken and gravy.
I heard their branches in MOE & Burjuman are already open. Go na! 🙂
4. By the way, have you seen Burj Khalifa’s laser/light show?
Here’s my attempt naman with professional photography using my iPhone5S…
Ok ba? Or ako lang ang nagandahan? Hahaha
Here’s one more…
5. Remember my broken laptop? It got worse even after having it repaired so I had no choice but replace it. Luckily, the need for a new computer coincided with my birthday so of course, my husband already knew what he
had to would give me 😉
I was happy to take the lowest priced netbook/laptop but my husband was thoughtful enough to buy me an all-in-one desktop instead. And may bonus pang computer desk from IKEA! 😉
6. It was our founder’s 90th birthday last month so we had a celebration in the office to honor him.
During the celebration, we were shown a short film about how Ingvar Kamprad started IKEA (Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd). When he was 5 years old daw, his father gave him some money. Instead of spending his money, he used it to capitalize on few boxes of matches to sell to their neighbors. By the time he was 7, he was selling na to the nearby villages using his bicycle. Imagine, he was already an entrepreneur at a young age!
He opened the very first IKEA store when he was 17 and from there, it grew to be the leading home furnishing company in the world. Galing noh!
7. Speaking of work, I was asked to assist our Managing Director (MD) for two months (Feb & March). It took a lot of time management and coordination pero it felt good to be able to do the job well in addition to my normal everyday tasks. Nakakaproud that everyone was complimenting me kasi daw super-organized ako.
Two weeks ago, our MD gave me a pretty bouquet to say thank you. That alone made me happy already pero may bonus pa pala. Iaannounce ko nalang kapag final na 🙂
8. Once in a while, our department would plan a get together to celebrate special occasions or successes at work. Last month, we went to The Irish Village…
9. Random dinners with family 🙂
10. Day-out with friends 🙂
That’s all for now.
Have a great week everyone!