***This is Day 4 entry for my 17 Blog Posts for November challenge =)
“Someone who really loves you sees what a mess you can be, how moody you can get, how hard you are to handle, but still wants you in their life.” source
My husband is not an expressive guy. He’s not the type who would hold my hands in public nor post mushy comments on Facebook. Ayaw kasi pahalata na dead na dead sya sakin. hehe 😉
I remember one Thursday night with our friends…
Rence: I love you baby.
Gino: I love you too.
Chengko: I love you bidabs.
GF: I love you too.
Me (Akala nyo kayo lang ha!): I love you baby.
Me (again): I love you baby!
I said it again but this time louder baka kasi hindi lang ako naririnig.
Me: I love you baby.
Ian: ……… (Aba, no comment talaga!)
Chengko: Ah pahiya! Hindi ka pala mahal e!
Me: Hindi ka sasagot?! Bibilhan pa naman sana kita ng sapatos!
Ian: O sige na, I love you too!
Pero seriously,despite his pa-macho image, my husband has his own way of showing me how much he loves me. Here are just few of them.
- He cooks for me & helps me with household chores.
- He wakes up early to prepare my baon and make sure we have breakfast together.
- He drops & pick me up from work everyday.
- During the day, he frequently calls to check on me or update me where he is.
- He always makes me laugh — always!
- He’s not afraid to correct my mistakes. At the same time, he knows when to apologize (which is basically most of the time! haha =))
- He doesn’t keep secrets from me. He tells me everything even without me asking.
- He’s always proud to introduce me to his friends & colleagues.
- He loves my family and has always understood & supported me with my responsibilities.
- Before making any decisions, he would always make sure to consult me first.
- He never broke my trust. Not even once that he gave me a reason to doubt him.
- He is protective of me.
- He respects my simplicity and would often tell me I’m beautiful. (Kahit bagong gising)
- He knows how to handle my moods. Likewise, he has his own way of making me feel better when I’m down.
- He knows me too well. Sometimes I don’t even have to speak. He understands me even at my most quiet moments.
- He kisses me goodnight & hugs me tight when we’re asleep.
- Most important of all, he makes me happy. =)
By the way, I have already written a similar post about this topic last year. 12 Signs You Found The One