Hello There! I take a lot of random photos everyday so I thought of coming up with ‘Blessed Days in Pictures’ series. This way, I would be able to document even the simplest moments/things. This is also a good way to share with you some little trinkets about me. So enjoy! 😉
1. Few weeks back, we had a potluck lunch in the office. I and my Filipina colleagues agreed to bring some Pinoy dishes and then invite our other colleagues to try them. We had chicken adobo, pansit bihon, ginataang hipon, etc. I was so proud that the foreigners gamely tried everything and loved every dish!
2. Tita Raisa invited us to sign up for a crossfit program she’s been doing for months now. Since we were struggling to lose weight, (not that we were really trying hard. lol!) we agreed to do a free trial in one of the gyms at Al Nasr Club.
Crossfit, by the way, is a strength and conditioning program consisting of a mix of aerobic exercise, gymnastics and weight lifting. In short, it is REALLY INTENSE and not for a weakling like me. hehe
Ian finished a whole routine but poor me couldn’t even complete the first part. It was hilariously embarrassing because I couldn’t do the basics properly! Ian was so confused he couldn’t help but ask, “Normal na tao ka ba? Squat lang di mo pa magawa?!” hahaha
After more than an hour of training, I couldn’t get up anymore. My arms and legs felt painfully heavy. It was even worse when I woke up the next day. Then I was practically sore for a week.
Obviously, my body is not used to strenuous physical activities. Guess I should stop being lazy and work to achieve a more active lifestyle. hahaha
3. I am so lucky to have a husband who cooks really well. He could just watch a recipe in youtube and replicate it so easily. Like this Aglio E Olio pasta which I requested 2 weeks ago. So delicious and full of love syempre! 😉
Last week, he surprised me with another version. This time, with chicken and cashew. Sarap!
4. Last month, one of the suppliers delivered these flowers to our office. They sent us different colors of orchids as samples. I happily obliged when my boss asked me to display one on my desk. 🙂
5. Speaking of work, another colleague has left our department to be a stay at home mom to her 5 year old son. Her son was always sick so she decided to stop working for the meantime and tend to his needs. It wasn’t an easy decision to sacrifice a good-paying job for her family and I really admire her for that.
6. Speaking of work again, the service office team were asked to support the store one Friday to accommodate the huge number of customers. My duty started from 1 pm until 10 pm. I worked as a greeter, a sales person, and a bagger/packer. I was standing the whole time. whew! Kudos to our co-workers who patiently do those everyday. Sometimes, it’s also good to try someone else’s shoes in order to appreciate what they do. It also makes you realize how blessed you are to have a better and more convenient job than them.
7. I wanted Gab to feel special on his birthday so I sent Che some money to prepare an impromptu small party for him. Nothing grand actually. But for a child, as long as he sees a cake, some balloons and his playmates, then he’s happy. I also asked Che to give him several gifts (7 to be exact) just like last year. 🙂
8. Two weeks ago, Ian and I went to IKEA to buy some summer hats for me and Rence. Unfortunately, we ended up buying more than what we planned for! haha
Ang ending, we had to change the layout of our room to accommodate our purchase. Which turned out really nice naman if you ask me. 😉
By the way, IKEA’s Part Sale is still ongoing. It will run until 4th July 2015. Better hurry before stocks run out!
10. Finally, these are Ate Leng’s pasalubong from France (She’s Rence’ eldest sister). So sweet of her to bring us all these. She also brought a Longchamp for me and a nice shirt for Ian (not in the picture). And of course, keychains for my collection!