Though this is a day late, I still want to greet my handsome father a Happy Happy Birthday!
To begin with, I thank God for giving me the opportunity to spend time with Papa here in Dubai. We may have lost a couple of years but I’m grateful that there’s still plenty of time to catch up!
What I love about Papa
- He is Intelligent. Ever since I arrived in Dubai, I got to know Papa more. See, whenever I talk to him, he is always up to date with current events, global news, political & social affairs, etc. He doesn’t talk much but when he does, be sure it’s interesting. Also, ask him any electrical, mechanical, or assembly issue and he’ll be able to solve it using his N years of experience!
- He is Hardworking. FYI, Papa is currently the Operation Manager of an Audio Visual company here in Dubai. I’m proud to say that he worked his way up for how many years and is now considered as one of the company’s most valued employee. He has managed a lot of successful events and has travelled to different countries. To gain this level of trust from his company surely took a lot of hard work and dedication! 🙂
- He is Patient. I’ve never seen him angry, not even slightly annoyed! He’s always calm and collected no matter what the situation is. Seriously, how can he be that patient?! Really! I remember when he dropped us to the airport last time for our Philippine vacation. We were already running late because of the heavy Sharjah-bound traffic yet he was just calmly driving without any hint of anxiety while I, on the other hand, was so worried to death that we will not catch our plane! But thankfully, we reached the airport on time. Hah!
- He is Simple. Kanino pa ba ‘ko magmamana? Aside from good-looking genes (ehem!), I also inherited his simple approach towards life. In fact, his only plan in the future (after retirement) is to buy an old van/owner-type jeepney and travel spontaneously around the Philippines. Like me, my father doesn’t crave for any material things. He’s happy and content on what life brings him. That’s how everyone should live right? Simple but realistic.
- He loves his family. And we love him too! No doubt about that 🙂
The only problem is, even if we now live in close proximity, we still don’t see each other that much because of one inherent reason – LAZINESS! Lol (Both of us are just too lazy to go out)
Anyway, since we’re too busy lazy to meet, we just give each other phone calls from time to time. 🙂
My relationship with Papa is not perfect. But I hope that somehow, in my own little ways, I can show him how grateful I am for having a kind-hearted and loving father.
And for his birthday, I wish him nothing but good health and happiness.
I love you Pa…more than words can say. 🙂